Home  smcdsbffx  Newsletter  Father F.X. O'Reilly Catholi...  Your child's Immunization Re...

Your child's Immunization Records
Published on May 17, 2016 13:07

Attention grade 1 to 3 Parents!

 It’s time to update your child’s immunization record. As parents, you must update the health unit any time your child receives a new immunization (like their 4-6 year booster). If your child is not immunized, you will need to provide the health unit with a current medical exemption or affidavit to keep on file.

 Before going off on summer holidays, take a few moments to make sure your child’s record is up to date. Here’s how:

1.    Check: Your child’s yellow immunization card.

2.    Contact: Your child’s family physician or health-care provider to obtain records, or to get missing vaccinations.

3.    Share: Visit the health unit’s website and use a secure online form immsonline to enter their complete record, or Fax a completed record to 705-726-3962.

Every student in Simcoe County and Muskoka must have an up to date immunization record on file at the Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit – it’s the law. For more information, or to speak with a nurse on the health unit’s immunization team, call 705-721-7520 or 1-877-721-7520.